Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Vibration

OP
A.Ruiz

A.Ruiz

Thread Starter #21
Yes I have Sx AWD as well, i feel the vibration at around 65-80 mph with a humming sound that can be heard from the interior, we have 13000 miles on it now and it seems tobe getting louder as the miles pile up! Have it at the dealer now but ofcourse they can’t Duplicate the problem.
I had to take the tech out for a test drive so they can realize what the issue was. They also did not hear or feel anything at first when they took it for a ride.

Quad42

Mine was just solved by replacing the driving shaft. Seems that the driving shaft joint is too tight witch cause the unbalancing of the driving shaft. Now it has been going like it should be for the last 500 km.

Purchased March 2020 didn't have vibration at first but with 1,800 miles it has developed similar vibration. Will take to dealer next week.

Bill T

Got a new EX AWD with tow and leveling package. Had the moderate vibration and very noticeable low freq hum at 64to 73 mph. After doing all the tire and road force testing. They finally replaced the propeller shaft and rear differential coupler and said the test drive was all OK. Drove home and still have a rumble in the 67 to 73 mph range. The dealer has been very good about trying to help but they always have trouble hearing it. I have bad hearing and it is still very obvious. Manufacture date was 23 March. 2020. If buying new one you better really test it out in the 65 to 75 mph range. More noticeable when slowing from 75 to 68 mph.

Kirkie

Anyone else feel a vibration at around 70mph?
Dealer balanced the tires Saturday but that didn’t help. I just dropped it off now at the dealer so they can try to figure out what’s causing it.
I have a SX AWD

Kirkie

car has been at dealer for three days , today they told me that one of the tires has excessive road force, basically tire is out of round but in balance, kia is going to send dealer a new tire, i have the 20" michelins

Kirkie

I have been having the same problem with my sx awd. Once I get up too a 100 km it vibrates like hell. I have changed my rims because that's what the dealership told me. It's was good the first time I take it on the highway after that. The second time we'll the problem is back . So it wasn't the rims. I've balanced and rebalance this car five times since December 2020 and now Feb.Ive had my Telluride since April of 2019 .

Attachments

Kirkie

Mine just went in today. Let’s see what happens this time. I made them aware of the others that have tha same issue. All have had their tires re balanced now some are getting their driveshaft balanced or changed and some were told they need a new transfer case. 🤦‍♂️ I’ll let you know what they find with mine. I know at this point I have the option of the Lemon Law, I would really like them to resolve the issue. Both my wife and I really love everything else about this vehicle. Hopefully they can figure it out.
Hi did you get the vibration issue fixed. What was the problem if u did ??

Hi did you get the vibration issue fixed. What was the problem if u did ??
This was the fix that he mentioned:
UPDATE...
I was told that they replaced the Rear Differential and installed the New Driveshaft. I was cautiously optimistic when I picked it up but After a 30 mile test drive at highway speeds up to 85 and mostly between 65 & 75, absolutely no vibration. Wifie is very happy to have her Telly back.

Eagleeye

Dealer balanced the tires Saturday but that didn’t help. I just dropped it off now at the dealer so they can try to figure out what’s causing it.
I have a SX AWD
I have same problem EX happens between 70-85 mph
but it is at different speeds. I would be interested to see what factory does for fixes.

I have the 2020 and it has 54,000. When I reach 67 - 80 mph it vibrates. It feels like I’m driving on a grated road. The vibration happens randomly.

Eagleeye

I have a SX AWD
Welcome to the vibration group
My dealer agreed to look into and I had them go to Kia and the forum and review. Guess what they did all the testing and are requesting Kia to provide an answer based on another owner the same day after me having same problem. Both have 2021 EX premium. Awaiting Kia response. Will post findings when done.

Halmtelly!

Hi, mine happens randomly. Did they test Drive it?
They tested it and couldn’t find anything wrong with it. o now have 57,000 and I don’t know what to do. when I accelerate on freeway from 55-70 it Starts to vibrate and feels like my wheels are wobbly.