Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Waiting on Kia to "accept the order"?

merrittmom

I placed my order with the dealership on june 11th, they keep telling me that Kia hasn't "picked up the order yet", does anyone know how long this takes, the dealership tells me they have no way of knowing until the order is accepted by kia and put into system.
Any advice on how long I should wait for Kia to accept it or should I look at working with another dealership?

It depends on the dealer and how they use their allocations. On average it takes me 45 to 60 days due to the volume of orders I have to have one allocated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

stackje49

After growing frustrated with the lack of information regarding our order from our original dealer, we started looking at other dealers. We were told all sorts of different things about how the orders work. We’re in Canada, so it’s likely things are different due to that as well. I ended up calling Kia directly in an attempt to get some accurate information. They suggested watching all the local dealers for inventory, as once in awhile an unsold Telluride would just “appear”. This turned out to be true, we found one within roughy 2 weeks of watching, also had a couple cases of losing out on available vehicles within a couple hours. Still got the vehicle way faster this way!

Folks! It all depends on in which state you put the order on? In GA it's relatively faster cuz the plant only assembled telluride.

stackje49

Folks! It all depends on in which state you put the order on? In GA it's relatively faster cuz the plant only assembled telluride.
I’m sure that is part of the issue, but my experience also revealed that the dealer’s method of dealing with orders also plays a part.

Each dealership has a certain allotment they can order per month. If you order a vehicle from a particular dealership and they can only order 3 Tellurides a month and your number 10, then you have to wait 4 months before your Dealership can submit your order. However if you order from a dealership that can order 9 Tellurides a month (VA057) then your order will be placed the following month. It’s the Dealership not the factory in GA. I ordered my 2021 from VA057 on April 26, and received a 2022 on June 22nd. My dealership can order 9 a month and they told me when I ordered it that it would be 12-16 weeks. I received mine in a little over 8 weeks. Your salesman can’t tell you when it’ll come in. You need to speak with the General Sales Manager who orders for your Dealership to get an estimate of your ETA. Factory has nothing to do with this. Go to Failcat.com and search for your dealership and you will be able to see when the factory accepts your order and starts building your Telluride. A Telluride SXP with tow and Nightfall usually take the least amount of time.
A lot of people now are ordering from a high volume dealership and then flying to that dealership to pick it up so they don’t have to wait locally forever. My dealership charges $2k over sticker but 90 miles North of me in Washington DC, they’re going $8k to $10k over sticker to adjust for FMV. This is because people selling their’20 or ‘21 are getting more money for the Tellurides than they paid for them. Shocking but true. Call various dealerships and find out what their allotment to order each month then ask what they’re charging above sticker and then you’ll find out the total amount and approximately how long your wait will be. My dealership was shorter than they told me. A local dealership told me it would be at least 6 months before it would arrive. So goes the hiding of facts by Dealerships. Go to failcat.com and look for your Telluride. 😉

Each dealership has a certain allotment they can order per month. If you order a vehicle from a particular dealership and they can only order 3 Tellurides a month and your number 10, then you have to wait 4 months before your Dealership can submit your order. However if you order from a dealership that can order 9 Tellurides a month (VA057) then your order will be placed the following month. It’s the Dealership not the factory in GA. I ordered my 2021 from VA057 on April 26, and received a 2022 on June 22nd. My dealership can order 9 a month and they told me when I ordered it that it would be 12-16 weeks. I received mine in a little over 8 weeks. Your salesman can’t tell you when it’ll come in. You need to speak with the General Sales Manager who orders for your Dealership to get an estimate of your ETA. Factory has nothing to do with this. Go to Failcat.com and search for your dealership and you will be able to see when the factory accepts your order and starts building your Telluride. A Telluride SXP with tow and Nightfall usually take the least amount of time.
A lot of people now are ordering from a high volume dealership and then flying to that dealership to pick it up so they don’t have to wait locally forever. My dealership charges $2k over sticker but 90 miles North of me in Washington DC, they’re going $8k to $10k over sticker to adjust for FMV. This is because people selling their’20 or ‘21 are getting more money for the Tellurides than they paid for them. Shocking but true. Call various dealerships and find out what their allotment to order each month then ask what they’re charging above sticker and then you’ll find out the total amount and approximately how long your wait will be. My dealership was shorter than they told me. A local dealership told me it would be at least 6 months before it would arrive. So goes the hiding of facts by Dealerships. Go to failcat.com and look for your Telluride. 😉

Just as a different note, I checked my dealership using the dealer code and in June they received 15 tellurides! In July till date they received 3. A little lesser. However how could I check my order on failcat.com? would you please elaborate a bit? Appreciated.

melimeeks

Thank you for sharing this information! I got a call yesterday that my car was being built so I just looked it up on failcat.com and I think I found it there! I am beyond excited.

Thank you for sharing this information! I got a call yesterday that my car was being built so I just looked it up on failcat.com and I think I found it there! I am beyond excited.
Unless you know the VIN, how could you check? I ordered but didn't receive the order confirmation yet. Can I check the progress too?

melimeeks

Unless you know the VIN, how could you check? I ordered but didn't receive the order confirmation yet. Can I check the progress too?
I looked at the cars that were ordered by my dealership and found one that matched my specifics. I guess possible that car isn't mine, but I'm really hoping it is. I placed my order in March and this is the first I've heard anything since.