Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

What competitors did you consider before purchasing Telluride?

Currently cross-shopping various types of vehicles like the new Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander. Anyone else consider these cars before purchasing their Telluride?

Okay I gotta ask what was wrong with it lol?
Nothing.

I really didn’t care for the cvt trans and the 19mpg. I had a plan to get the Kia the whole time I just didn’t expect for them to be out so quick.

I traded my 2019 Subaru ascent for the Kia. Would do it again!
LOL I have a red Ascent Touring. Same as you I needed one so bought it thinking Id consider a Telluride later. The Ascent is a solid vehicle for sure, its just the Telluride is more my style. Im hung up on Kia's reliability and resale value though. Need to decide if I can live with both before I pull the trigger. Thinking EX. Thoughts?

XC90, MDX, Pilot, Highlander. Volvo was the only one that came close.

We test drove the Arcadia, QX60 and Highlander. None of them could beat the ride comfort of the Telluride.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
XC90, X7, 4Rnr TRD Pro, Taco TRD Pro, Durango SRT <<< This one was a winner until I saw the Telluride next door.... haha

Would have gotten the Ascent Touring if it was a little less money. We like it a lot. Wife loved it. But the Telluride allowed me to lower my payment. I love it, so far. Atlas was nice, but not as nice as the Kia.

Audi Q7, Volvo XC90, and VW Atlas. Audi had the turbo I wanted, but smallest area behind 3rd row, XC90 had the turbo but didn't come with captains chairs in the middle row, which is a deal breaker for me, and Atlas was gutless, when I test drove, but had alot of the features that I wanted. The Telluride is the balance of everything I wanted with a decent pricetag.

We test drove both the Explorer and Traverse, I fell in love with the Telluride from the moment we test drove it.

Currently cross-shopping various types of vehicles like the new Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander. Anyone else consider these cars before purchasing their Telluride?
Me too. However, I'm not a Pilot fan - looks like a mini-van and I don't like Honda's Russian nesting dolls approach to their designs >CRV>Passport>Pilot... I sat in the 2019 Toyota Highlander, the driving position was tight in terms of thigh room and the overall cabin dimensions are pretty small (very similar to Mazda CX-9) and the 2020 Highlander changes only will lengthen the cabin, not making it wider. So, the Telluride and Palisade have become my main targets in 2020. You simply can't beat their value proposition unless you just want to pay more or are into luxury badges.

Audi Q7, Volvo XC90, and VW Atlas. Audi had the turbo I wanted, but smallest area behind 3rd row, XC90 had the turbo but didn't come with captains chairs in the middle row, which is a deal breaker for me, and Atlas was gutless, when I test drove, but had alot of the features that I wanted. The Telluride is the balance of everything I wanted with a decent pricetag.
You saved a lot of money and likely maintenance costs down the road - wise choice. Really, I'm hard pressed to find a better value proposition in the mid to large SUV space right now. Kudos to Kia and Hyundai - they played to win in this segment, right out the gate.