Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Who would purchase a performance tune / chip for the Telluride?

Who would interested in a performance tune or piggyback chip for the Telluride?

• Yes - Piggyback Chip

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Yes - ECU Flash Tune

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

ucinn

Staff Member
No tune, this is a family truckster and with a 7 second 0 to 60, it's already quick enough for it's intended use. If I want to go fast, I'll hop in the Mustang or Stinger.

is there a piggy back available?

Just finished a 900 mile road trip and having finally gotten a chance to spend some serious time in the car I'm not too thrilled with the transmission.
Car has plenty of power for what it is but it always feels like there is a dead spot in the throttle (get this in both Comfort and Smart), where I will get like an inch of travel with no response, and then it will make up its mind and kick in all of a sudden. 8 gears to chose from and it cant seem to make up its mind. LOL
Sport mode doesn't get much better as others have said, due to it holding on a far too high RPM while cruising at partial throttle before it kicks back down.
Having come from all turbo'ed cars I had higher expectations for a more linear powerband in an NA car. Would love a tune that simply smooths things out. Kind of odd that the peak HP and Torque are so far up the RPMs. This was downside of Turbos that I always had tunes to try to overcome! Now I am stuck with it again but in a NA vehicle.

Synergy

I agree with the consensus, Telly needs a “sport plus” tune! I would be totally interested.

I find the response off the line sluggish. I almost always drive in eco and I think the transmission is programmed OK but the throttle is too soft. If im trying to move fast its fine but when just normally pulling away from a stop I would like better throttle response.
Put it in sport for better response

Gotta be some Stinger speed geeks out there that may also have a T-Ride or willing to experiment on Tunes for one. ;)

ucinn

Staff Member
I have both.. I'd experiment for some free tunes :)

brianup

What are the expected results of a tune on a normally aspirated engine? A few hp? At what cost? If a tune could squeak out an extra 40-50hp that would be amazing. I just don’t think it’s possible without changes to hardware.

ucinn

Staff Member
What are the expected results of a tune on a normally aspirated engine? A few hp? At what cost? If a tune could squeak out an extra 40-50hp that would be amazing. I just don’t think it’s possible without changes to hardware.
Yea, you're lucky to get 20 crank hp out of a tune for NA engines, more conservative without ping sensors.

I dont think you can get much power out of chipping a naturally asperated engine... With NA engines you are looking at remapping timing. Which will not give you much performance increase. Your best bet is forced induction!

I dont think you can get much power out of chipping a naturally asperated engine... With NA engines you are looking at remapping timing. Which will not give you much performance increase. Your best bet is forced induction!
Plus yo would to run 91 or 93 octane.