Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Who would purchase a performance tune / chip for the Telluride?

Who would interested in a performance tune or piggyback chip for the Telluride?

• Yes - Piggyback Chip

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Yes - ECU Flash Tune

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Who here would purchase a performance tune or piggyback chip for the Telluride?

Piggyback that the dealer couldn’t track

KiaFan

Staff Member
Why are you worried about the dealer tracking?
Generally when its a piggyback it's not traceable after you remove it.

I'd like more throttle response if anything. I don't need more power....it's not like i'm taking it to the drag lol.

I'd love to see some kind of performance tuning for this car too.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I'd like more throttle response if anything. I don't need more power....it's not like i'm taking it to the drag lol.
Agreed. A tune or a piggyback for the price nowadays won't do much of a difference. A piggyback for better throttle response will be great. There's a product out there but can't recall the name.

These cars are so heavy the only benefit would be forced induction.

tyson3371

I find the response off the line sluggish. I almost always drive in eco and I think the transmission is programmed OK but the throttle is too soft. If im trying to move fast its fine but when just normally pulling away from a stop I would like better throttle response.

I agree with everyone, the Telly needs much better throttle response.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I bet Eco mode is intentionally throttled down for best mpg. If you want better throttle response that's what Sport mode is for...
That is exactly what it does. If you're on eco mode, you shouldn't be complaining about throttle response lol. That's what eco mode is, reduced power through the charts and throttle response to help you save gas. Even in sport mode throttle response still sucks though.

I bet Eco mode is intentionally throttled down for best mpg. If you want better throttle response that's what Sport mode is for...
ECO mode will mainly change the shift points, doesn't really throttle down.

ECO mode will mainly change the shift points, doesn't really throttle down.
You may be right, but the very first time I tried the sport mode, I was squelching tires. I was so used to the unresponsive throttle response of Eco that I was always on.

EDIT: Also, auto engine shut off at the stop light almost always delay how fast I respond to the traffic light. I believe many users disable this feature first thing when they start the engine. I'm still on a fence about this...

You may be right, but the very first time I tried the sport mode, I was squelching tires. I was so used to the unresponsive throttle response of Eco that I was always on.
Don't forgot unless you have a FWD only, Sport Mode will put some power to the rear whereas ECO mode is strictly an FWD.

EDIT: Also, auto engine shut off at the stop light almost always delay how fast I respond to the traffic light. I believe many users disable this feature first thing when they start the engine. I'm still on a fence about this...
That and sport mode isn't smooth off the line and doesn't feel good coasting in normal traffic. The throttle should respond between comfort and sport. Comfort it wants to think about it before it starts moving unless you kick it in the rear. So an in-between would be nice.

That and sport mode isn't smooth off the line and doesn't feel good coasting in normal traffic. The throttle should respond between comfort and sport. Comfort it wants to think about it before it starts moving unless you kick it in the rear. So an in-between would be nice.
Right, once my speed plateaus, it should settle on higher gear to reduce engine rpm, but it seems to want to stay at high rpm waiting for me to drive even faster. It is kind of annoying...