Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Climate control always blowing cold even when set high

rdehorn

Hi fellow Telluride owners- a strange problem started recently with my 2022 EX. The automatic climate control blows really cold air no matter how high I adjust the temperature. Only past 82 degrees on the "hi" setting would it finally switch to warmer air. Below is a 10 second video clip that illustrates the problem.

It's like the car thinks the cabin is much warmer than it really is and keeps trying to cool it further. My local dealer was able to reproduce the issue but does not know root cause after one visit. They replaced the climate control sensor as something to try but that has not helped and it's back to the dealer this week. The climate control had been great from September 2021 (delivery of the car) until this started very definitely on a trip June 15 2022 and has continued inconsistently. Has anybody had something similar happen and recommend what fixed it? Thanks in advance...

OP
R

rdehorn

Thread Starter #2
To update this thread, the climate control seems to have magically started working decently well again without any further part replacement. I still think it runs cooler than when the car was new (autoclimate set to 76 feels now more like 73 when the car was new) but at least it is not blasting cold air when set to 82 anymore. Obviously I will watch this carefully and re-engage my dealer if the climate control starts behaving badly again... hopefully before warranty expiration.