Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Door Locks

I'm not sure if I have missed something but does the Telluride have proximity door locks that locks the vehicle when you walk away. I mean my EX trunk will open when I stand behind it, so obviously the car knows when the key is near.

I don't think it does. I've accidentally left the car unlocked and couple of times in the driveway.

No proximity door lock's on any trim

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

When I get out of mine and walk away the mirrors swing in and as I return the mirrors swing out and the door handle light comes on all on their own as long as I have the fob on me.

When I get out of mine and walk away the mirrors swing in and as I return the mirrors swing out and the door handle light comes on all on their own as long as I have the fob on me.
Yes, it senses the fob but auto lock/unlock isn’t tied to it.

Yes, it senses the fob but auto lock/unlock isn’t tied to it.
But, I don't believe the mirrors fold in just by walking away (or, at least, mine do not) - you have to hit the door handle, or fob, button to lock the doors for them to fold in (and have the Welcome Mirror/Light selected in Convenience settings for them to fold out on approach).

Once again I will get on my soap box for a minute - would be helpful if everyone identified where they are and what trim level they have (in member profile and/or signature block) - country and trim level make a difference on what features you do or do not have. Sorry, off the box now...