Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Electrical Issues

Neece879

I own a 2021 Telluride SX. About a week ago, I got off of a phone call using Bluetooth through the vehicle. After the call ended, everything with the entertainment system froze. Volume would not adjust, radio station wouldn’t change, screen was frozen, and climate controls could not be adjusted. I used a pen and hit the small reset button next to the volume dial and everything restarted and worked great. Then yesterday, I went out to the car to get breakfast and it was as if the battery was dead. Doors would not unlock and no lights came on. I managed to get the door unlocked with the key, got in, and sure enough, the battery was dead. I pulled my other vehicle in front of it and was going to jump it. I went to open the door of my telluride to pop the hood, and the alarm went off. I got in the car, and the screen came on, so I put my foot on the brake and the car started just fine. As if nothing ever happened. The car worked perfect the rest of the day. Today, I ran a few errands, everything worked fine. I went out about an hour ago, and I am having the same issue. Car is acting like a dead battery. Except this time it is not fixing itself, it is still acting dead. I haven’t taken the battery out this evening to have it tested because all of the stores are closed. My best guess is some type of issue with the auto-electric shut off switch, but these tellurides are so new that not many people have posted about their problems. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

CTK

Neece879 - did you ever figure out what the issue was?

We have been experiencing the same "dead battery" issues with our 2021 Telluride SX over the last 2 days. We have not had the screen freeze, but 2 days ago my wife went to pick up food and when she came back to the car (5 minutes later) it would not start. Not sure what she did, but after about 15 minutes of mashing buttons the car miraculously came back to life. She took it straight to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong!!! The next day, it acted fine all day until she went to leave work. Again completely dead. Used the key to unlock the car, went to pop the hood to jump it, and the alarm went off. The lights and screen came on, pressed the brake and it started like nothing was wrong... We are dropping it off at the dealer today for more testing.

Anyone else having these issues or have resolutions? Is it just as simple as change the battery that's only a year old?

KitLloyd

I have a 2022 Telluride that I have literally have had for 4 weeks and came out this to a dead car😡 Called Kia and they said it was probably a dead battery-WTF? I’ve had this car for a month (yes, EVERYTHING was turned off, doors closed, etc.). I have to depend on this car, if not, Kia will be hearing from me and….. es no bueno🤬🤬

Keep in mind that of the thousands and thousands of vehicles made, some may get a battery that has issues. It happens. I’m sure Kia will resolve the issue. Nothing is perfect.