Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride Issues

It’s really too bad Kia is forcing you down this path. But ultimately yours and your passengers safety comes first. Let us know the outcome of the resolution
Kia finally called me back Friday afternoon. Now the parts should be in next week instead of mid May which is a plus. They are replacing the latch and interior panel. He said the clips will be damaged in the process of taking door off, so that’s why interior door needs to be replaced. Two things irritated me during the call. First he made the statement this is what warranties are for. Second he’s going on vacation and won’t be available again until next Thursday in case I need to speak with him next week. Apparently no one is covering for him. I’m sorry but Kia needs to get their act together. Don’t even bring up warranty to me- this is a brand new car with a defective door. It’s not a little button that won’t work 😡🤯

Sounds like some progress is being made and thus issue will be behind you

Kia finally called me back Friday afternoon. Now the parts should be in next week instead of mid May which is a plus. They are replacing the latch and interior panel. He said the clips will be damaged in the process of taking door off, so that’s why interior door needs to be replaced. Two things irritated me during the call. First he made the statement this is what warranties are for. Second he’s going on vacation and won’t be available again until next Thursday in case I need to speak with him next week. Apparently no one is covering for him. I’m sorry but Kia needs to get their act together. Don’t even bring up warranty to me- this is a brand new car with a defective door. It’s not a little button that won’t work 😡🤯
Glad to hear there is some progress. Did you ask for a loaner in the meantime?

Glad to hear there is some progress. Did you ask for a loaner in the meantime?
No I gave up on that. Just driving my Telluride with a non-functioning front passenger door. Corporate didn’t offer anything.

Exactly!! I couldn’t agree more. I just wanted them to respond promptly. Customer service sucks anymore in this world.
I'd put the dealer you're dealing with on full blast so we all know who not to deal with. Their customer service is really unacceptable.

Mimififi

My touchscreen goes crazy every once in a while. It jerks around and you can’t push any buttons on the screen to correct it. The next time it happens, I’ll take a video. It goes to the dealer on Monday... we will see what the say.

cnealey

I have just sent a second notice to KIA concerning a continuing problem I am having with the rear climate controls on my Telluride. KIA was suppose to respond to me within 48 hours, and that was over a week ago. I was hoping someone on this KIA forum might be able to direct me to a better way to get their (KIA's) attention. I've had it to the dealer already for an attempted repair, but they struck out, because they think it's a vehicle software problem, and a software patch hasn't been issued yet. I'm posting this here, just to give all of my fellow Telluride owners a heads up on some possible future problems with the electrical/software systems in this new vehicle. The email I sent, and the attached photo of the affected area are listed below.

"I bought this vehicle on 03/12/2019. The rear climate control refuses to stay turned off. I used all the correct steps listed in the vehicle manual to turn off (disable) the rear climate control button. I did this in conjunction with using all of the assigned controls on the front panel on the dash, the front monitor (plus I activated the "Locked Control" button on this monitor) and the rear climate control panel that's located in the ceiling over the second row captains chairs. When it activates on its own, it always ends up at fan speed 2 (of 6) and in the "Face-Level" mode. It never varies from these settings. My problem is the rear climate control will not stayed turned off. It deactivates (turns off) for intermittent periods of time, and then mysteriously turns on again at the settings I listed above. Also please note that there's no explanation anywhere in the vehicle manual what the function of the locked control button is. I'm left to assume what it does, but it most certainly doesn't keep the rear climate control off when it's activated. I don't want it running unless I actually need it, as it's more than a little annoying to hear the constant fan noise, and is a needless draw on the vehicle's electrical system. I'm at a loss how to keep it turned off, and would appreciate any advice, or repair you could make so that it works as it was designed to.

Attached is a photo of the Rear Climate Control settings it continually resets to, after both the front and rear panels are turned off. How can this be happening, as I certainly don't want it running in the rear of the Telluride at all times. Also, what is the "Lock Control" button for? There's is no explanation anywhere in the vehicle manual. Joe"
I have this issue..I was accusing my children of changing the settings. Defaults to exactly the same as the pic you posted.

On mine, the rear climate control only blows cold air even when the heat is on. I did checked the rear controls.

Joe

I have this issue..I was accusing my children of changing the settings. Defaults to exactly the same as the pic you posted.
I'm sorry to hear you are having the same problem. You're one of several new owners that I've now heard from with the same identical problem. I finally heard back from KIA after almost two weeks. I had a phone call from their Consumer Assistance Center, and also an email from the same. Both the call and email were less than satisfactory, as they left the responsibility once again on me to touch base with the dealership for a possible diagnosis or repair. I've already done this, but will once again do as they ask the first thing tomorrow morning. I gave them a comprehensive, detailed explanation as to what was happening, but it still wasn't good enough for them to even verify with the dealer I took it to. It's my responsibility to do it their way. Ok. I get it. I'm dealing with a bureaucracy. Lucky me. I promise to keep you posted, so you don't have to jump through all these circus hoops with me.

Sounds like some progress is being made and thus issue will be behind you
So the Kia garage was able to fix the door today. It now opens and closes. But the new interior panel that was shipped is damaged and I was told I have to wait 2-4 weeks for a new one. Guess I will have to call corporate again 😖

So the Kia garage was able to fix the door today. It now opens and closes. But the new interior panel that was shipped is damaged and I was told I have to wait 2-4 weeks for a new one. Guess I will have to call corporate again 😖
That’s good. At least you can use the door now!!

Glad to hear its at least fixed