Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

New Purchase Disaster

Yeah, I am leasing for first time in my life because 1) I've never owned a Kia and 2) unease of owning 1st model year anything.
@drizzt
I was thinking about both of those items. And I also thought about the money that's gone once the lease is up and no car...🤔

I will have an option to purchase it at a used car price or buy another one with 3 years of time to fix the kinks. I’m hoping for availability of hybrid model at the end of lease term.

Got my car back today. Car payment paid for the month. Insurance payment paid for the month. Car wash paid for a month. Free interior light system and free all weather mats. Let’s understand though. All this came from Kia Customer Service. NOT my dealership.

Attachments

Got my car back today. Car payment paid for the month. Insurance payment paid for the month. Car wash paid for a month. Free interior light system and free all weather mats. Let’s understand though. All this came from Kia Customer Service. NOT my dealership.
I know it was a hassle but glad to see Kia addressed the issue...👍🏾

OP
H

hakilgore

Thread Starter #27
It's now been two weeks, received a call today from the service department saying that it would be another 30-days just to get the part in for the car. It was expected to be in today but because it's a new car they don't have the part. Appears the cylinder head at the top of the engine was not molded/cast properly, which could have been caused by a manufacturer defect or human error. After speaking with the Regional Manager at Kia, asked to speak to her manager and she basically said no that she was it. Well from now they can speak to my lawyer. Kia is sending me a form for a purchase replacement (based on state law). Spoke to a lawyer today, which specifically handles Lemons law cases and in my case we will go after Kia after the 31st day of the of them having the car. Not only that had to make my first payment, I know Kia will reimburse me that's not the problem. Staying positive in a unusual situation, the saga continues!

OP
H

hakilgore

Thread Starter #28
Also do your research, the dealership and manufacturer will not tell you everything! Had to get legal advice to understand Ohio laws and consumer rights!

OP
H

hakilgore

Thread Starter #29
Does a problem always need to occur three times to be considered a lemon?
Not necessarily. If your car is in the shop 30 days or more in the first year, consecutive or not, we can file a claim under the Law.

How does the OH Lemon Law offer cost-free representation?
The Lemon Law in OH, and other Laws, contain a fee-shifting provision. This means that if the consumer prevails, the manufacturer must pay all attorney fees and legal costs on top of what you receive you will not pay anything out of pocket, win or lose. The fee-shifting provision gives you equal footing when battling against a multi-billion dollar automobile manufacturer.

OP
H

hakilgore

Thread Starter #30
they wash their hands from it.......good for you!

Yes
they wash their hands from it.......good for you![/QUOTEi am sorry for all you are going through. Our state lemon law says they must be given the opportunity to fix each problem 4 times. I had no chance with the lemon law. On top of that SX Prestige are on such a backlog it would take me forever to get my car I want. My heart hurts for you

It's now been two weeks, received a call today from the service department saying that it would be another 30-days just to get the part in for the car. It was expected to be in today but because it's a new car they don't have the part. Appears the cylinder head at the top of the engine was not molded/cast properly, which could have been caused by a manufacturer defect or human error.
Something like that might not affect just one car, that could occur during a production run and could affect a number of cylinder heads...

OP
H

hakilgore

Thread Starter #36
Something like that might not affect just one car, that could occur during a production run and could affect a number of cylinder heads...
You are so right! And my point to Kia! This could be a bigger defect than just my car. Consumer beware make sure you ask about the engine and the cylinder head if you decide to buy.

ucinn

Staff Member
I had a ford focus where the head was milled incorrectly... it was just the one car and some machinist didn't make it right.

I had a ford focus where the head was milled incorrectly... it was just the one car and some machinist didn't make it right.
How did you know it was just the one car? Is that what the dealer told you?

ucinn

Staff Member
Because nobody else had the problem or at least posted they did. They bought it back before they figured out what it was and my new one didn't do it either.

It's now been two weeks, received a call today from the service department saying that it would be another 30-days just to get the part in for the car. It was expected to be in today but because it's a new car they don't have the part. Appears the cylinder head at the top of the engine was not molded/cast properly, which could have been caused by a manufacturer defect or human error. After speaking with the Regional Manager at Kia, asked to speak to her manager and she basically said no that she was it. Well from now they can speak to my lawyer. Kia is sending me a form for a purchase replacement (based on state law). Spoke to a lawyer today, which specifically handles Lemons law cases and in my case we will go after Kia after the 31st day of the of them having the car. Not only that had to make my first payment, I know Kia will reimburse me that's not the problem. Staying positive in a unusual situation, the saga continues!
Should they also cover the sales tax and registration fees you paid on the vehicle as well in the event you decide not to take a replacment vehicle from Kia? In California, you pay sales tax on the vehicle purchase price … trade in value does not reduce the taxable amount :-( ... good luck with a speedy resolution.