Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Newbie with an ordering question

Cltdba

Hi folks!

I joined shortly after placing my order on 12/3. I've been reading through the forum and wanted to get a sense if my experience is "normal".

I worked with the internet sales manager at a local dealership (they had the lowest out the door pricing of the 6 dealerships I engaged) to order it. He sent me a quote sheet with the MSRP, some add ons (door edge guards, LoJack subscription, window tinting, etc.), the admin fee, and taxes. He also sent what I "think" is a screenshot of the kdealer (although I can't tell that the order was submitted).

I didn't have to put down a deposit, and didn't sign any paperwork. When I talked with him last week, he said he'd put it into the kdealer system.

Any concerns I should be having? Or, is this the normal process? I don't want to sit here for months thinking my order is working its way through the system only to find out it never was ordered.

Thanks!
Randy

2022 SX AWD
Wolf Gray w/Dune
Prestige
Nightfall
Tow

Hi folks!

I joined shortly after placing my order on 12/3. I've been reading through the forum and wanted to get a sense if my experience is "normal".

I worked with the internet sales manager at a local dealership (they had the lowest out the door pricing of the 6 dealerships I engaged) to order it. He sent me a quote sheet with the MSRP, some add ons (door edge guards, LoJack subscription, window tinting, etc.), the admin fee, and taxes. He also sent what I "think" is a screenshot of the kdealer (although I can't tell that the order was submitted).

I didn't have to put down a deposit, and didn't sign any paperwork. When I talked with him last week, he said he'd put it into the kdealer system.

Any concerns I should be having? Or, is this the normal process? I don't want to sit here for months thinking my order is working its way through the system only to find out it never was ordered.

Thanks!
Randy

2022 SX AWD
Wolf Gray w/Dune
Prestige
Nightfall
Tow
My understanding is that you need a Buyer's Order signed and dated by you (buyer) and the dealer (seller) to truly lock in a vehicle. They normally require a deposit, which should be refundable. I got all of this from the dealer I ordered a Teluride from. I am receiving the same treatment as you from a dealer on a different make and model. The sales person in fact refused giving me a Buyer's Order when I asked for one and offered to put a deposit on. My suspicion is that they will try to sell the car out from under me.
Trust that old saying, "Get it in writing."

I placed my order via text on 11/15, I have nothing in writing on paper other than a screenshot of my $500 deposit receipt. Everything else is in text from the salesman stating that there’s no market adjustment charges over MSRP. A day later I contacted him to try and change the interior color and was told there is “shortage” on butterscotch. He also said my order was submitted into the system. It’s a very low volume dealer.

Like you I asked about the buyers order and his response was along the line of, due to possibility of pricing increase from Kia they’re not giving out the buyers order. So I’m just going to take their word for it. However, I’ve been cold calling dealers whenever I see a VIN with the specs I want pops up on Failcat to see if it’s already presold or not, in hopes of snagging one earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered from the Kia of Muncie and Lucas gave me a screenshot of the order entry into their system and the local order number. Not picked up by Kia orders yet. But, I also did just email confirmation and the $500 deposit. I have ordered from this dealer before and had a similar process as the last time. I would ask for the local order number.