Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Side window exploded spontaneously

Chipper

The driver's side middle row window exploded on my 2022 Telluride on July 8, 2023. Spontaneous; nothing impacted it. Dealer replaced it on July 24 after waiting two weeks for the replacement parts. I requested filing a warranty claim but was told this was not covered under waranty. I paid for the repair myself but am following up with KIa Consumer Affairs to get satisfaction. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

OP
C

Chipper

Thread Starter #3
Should be covered under comprehensive on your insurance
Thanks for your reply. However, since the window exploded spontaneously and nothing impacted it, it should be covered under warranty. KIA Consumer Affairs opened a case for me. They contacted the KIA dealer that did the repair and the dealer stated that it was due to an outside influence: a rock hitting the window. They have no evidence of this. Consumer Affairs says there is no other recourse; they have go on the dealer report which is presented to the DPSM for final disposition. I ask to talk to the DPSM and was told it was not available to the public. Any suggestions from the forum?

It make me wonder...Does the dealer get less reimbursement from KIA for a warranty repair than if the customer / insurance pays for it himself?

Thanks for your reply. However, since the window exploded spontaneously and nothing impacted it, it should be covered under warranty. KIA Consumer Affairs opened a case for me. They contacted the KIA dealer that did the repair and the dealer stated that it was due to an outside influence: a rock hitting the window. They have no evidence of this. Consumer Affairs says there is no other recourse; they have go on the dealer report which is presented to the DPSM for final disposition. I ask to talk to the DPSM and was told it was not available to the public. Any suggestions from the forum?

It make me wonder...Does the dealer get less reimbursement from KIA for a warranty repair than if the customer / insurance pays for it himself?
I think they are trying to outlast you. If it were me, I think I would fight this - with a lawyer - even though it would cost me some bucks. But I would enjoy having them capitulate in the end.

If they specifically state that it was caused by a rock then your comprehensive insurance has to pay for it. Trying to fight with Kia to get money back for fixing your window is not going to work. Who do you have for your car insurance?

OP
C

Chipper

Thread Starter #6
I have insurance but the window replacement cost was less than my deductible. 😩