Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

SX Prestige officially no longer available to order

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
It is official due to the backorder of SX Prestige.
Until orders come down to a reasonable turnaround time frame maybe Quarter 3.

If you have an order already in your order is secure. Otherwise we can no longer order till later in the year.

Attachments

OP
StephenCantrelle

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
Thread Starter #3
Yes, it is unreal the demand.. a projected years worth of sales in 3 months.. for the SX Prestige..

KiaFan

Staff Member
Thanks for the update Stephen. I assume the standard SX isn’t affected by the longer wait?

OP
StephenCantrelle

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the update Stephen. I assume the standard SX isn’t affected by the longer wait?
As of right now we are running pretty smooth on SX... but I mean realistically... if I try to wrap my head around this.. who knows if we loose clients not having the Prestige available or does everyone shift to SX and the demand goes crazy on them

Wow hopefully Hyundai takes note when they release the Palisade.

OP
StephenCantrelle

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
Thread Starter #7
@DereksAWD im afraid they are in for the same exact situation considering they can’t keep up with production in Korea since they been released... I don’t know how they are going to expand to the States/Canada

KiaFan

Staff Member
As of right now we are running pretty smooth on SX... but I mean realistically... if I try to wrap my head around this.. who knows if we loose clients not having the Prestige available or does everyone shift to SX and the demand goes crazy on them
Let's just hope the production delays don't go past the third quarter. I've noticed that people are already giving up on their orders on the FB group.

Haven't ordered yet as I have some time left on my GMC lease but if the SX Prestige is not available to me I'll move on, too many nice vehicles out there to compromise...

Likewise. Did our SXPs just increase in value? Just kidding. Kinda crazy that Kia wouldn’t press their supply chain to get more SXP specific parts. I’m sure someone in forecasting at Kia is getting an earful!

poriggity

Hopefully this wont have an effect on the other models. We are looking at a S model possible in a few months.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever purchased a car that is this high in demand.

I feel bad for all those people that have to wait 4 months for their orders, they'll miss out on being able to use their cars over the summer.

Likewise. Did our SXPs just increase in value? Just kidding. Kinda crazy that Kia wouldn’t press their supply chain to get more SXP specific parts. I’m sure someone in forecasting at Kia is getting an earful!
I wonder if we can sell it for what we purchased it for, mine already has 5k miles lol.

New subscriber here - I've been on the site lurking for a while now and can't believe all the great info I have found. We ordered our Telluride S (only upgrade is the interior light kit) on 4.22.19, our SA said it should be about 6 weeks for delivery. Of course we are so excited I sent him a quick text Wednesday and he said "no word yet" - We have never ordered direct or wanted a vehicle in such high demand, am I fooling myself thinking it will arrive in a couple weeks??