Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Waiting for a new Kia Telluride? Let's keep each other company while we wait.

Yesterday, our order was placed for a 2021 Kia Telluride Nightsky in Ebony Black. 401Dixie Kia in Mississauga is quoting an 8-12 week wait, while others in this forum are making me less optimistic. I'm good, though, I still love my current car, a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe, it's just getting on in years.

Anyone else out there like me? Post your wait time and any thoughts you may have. We can support each other while we wait! Cheers, all, and may your wait not be too long.

2hellUride

Derekm900

I ordered a Kia Teluride night sky edition about two weeks ago and they don’t even think it’s been built yet. It could be slow going

OP
2hellUride
Thread Starter #4
I ordered a Kia Teluride night sky edition about two weeks ago and they don’t even think it’s been built yet. It could be slow going
What color? Yup, we're going to have to wait a bit, but the wait will make it so much sweeter when it finally arrives. I'm here with you, bro! We're starting a support group to get us through these rough times. You're from Ottawa. Planning any road trips once you have the car and COVID passes?

Derekm900

What color? Yup, we're going to have to wait a bit, but the wait will make it so much sweeter when it finally arrives. I'm here with you, bro! We're starting a support group to get us through these rough times. You're from Ottawa. Planning any road trips once you have the car and COVID passes?
Ebony black. No trips due to Covid. I sold my other vehicle which I should not have done. Now I have no vehicle. Any ideas what I could do to get by for the next few months ? Renting a car is too expensive.

OP
2hellUride
Thread Starter #6
Ebony black. No trips due to Covid. I sold my other vehicle which I should not have done. Now I have no vehicle. Any ideas what I could do to get by for the next few months ? Renting a car is too expensive.
Good man! I also ordered the Ebony Black. The race is on! :) Regarding a vehicle, I would probably just buy a winter banger that's near the end of its life just to tide you over. Then sell it for parts when your majestic new ride gets here. That would probably cost you less than a medium-term rental.

Derekm900

that's exactly what I was thinking. Buy a car on it's last legs and hopefully I can get rid of it afterwards. It's a bit of a risk but who knows, If you hear anything on wait times for the Tellurides, don't be shy to share! :)

OP
2hellUride
Thread Starter #8
that's exactly what I was thinking. Buy a car on it's last legs and hopefully I can get rid of it afterwards. It's a bit of a risk but who knows, If you hear anything on wait times for the Tellurides, don't be shy to share! :)
Good luck with it. So far, the only thing my dealer said was 8-12 weeks. I've been hearing a few months by some on this board, though, so it could be awhile! Any updates on your side, post 'em here as well.

Derekm900

Good luck with it. So far, the only thing my dealer said was 8-12 weeks. I've been hearing a few months by some on this board, though, so it could be awhile! Any updates on your side, post 'em here as well.
Still no update here. Dealership has no clue.

OP
2hellUride
Thread Starter #13
Update to the thread: Emailed my dealer and they said that they had no new updates for me. Still on track for 8-12 weeks. :cry: At least it's not even longer!

Darrin

Turned 55 in February of 2021 so started looking for a birthday present. Zeroed in on the Telluride. Thought I would buy a Grand Cherokee or a Highlander. When I started the search I did not even know the Telluride existed. One test drive and I was 90% sold. Tried the others and bought the Telluride - was not even close. Top trim level Nightsky edition in Sangria. Ordered at the right time because got it in about three weeks. Absolutely love it Great to have a new vehicle during a pandemic. Well worth the wait.

OP
2hellUride
Thread Starter #15
Turned 55 in February of 2021 so started looking for a birthday present. Zeroed in on the Telluride. Thought I would buy a Grand Cherokee or a Highlander. When I started the search I did not even know the Telluride existed. One test drive and I was 90% sold. Tried the others and bought the Telluride - was not even close. Top trim level Nightsky edition in Sangria. Ordered at the right time because got it in about three weeks. Absolutely love it Great to have a new vehicle during a pandemic. Well worth the wait.
Thanks for sharing! I'm officially jealous. Please post some pics so we can live vicariously through you while we wait for ours.

stackje49

Much like Darrin mentioned, once I tried the Telluride it wasn’t even a close decision with the others. Tried some of the competitors at much higher price points and still not swayed. I wasn’t thinking of the Kia before we started looking either, had seen a few on the road but didn’t know anything about them. So happy we took a closer look. We ordered the SX Limited Nightsky edition in Gravity Grey this past weekend. Sold one of our other 2 vehicles this morning, going back to a single vehicle with the Telluride. Very much looking forward to it!

Darrin

Stackje49 will love driving this around in BC. Nightsky looks great. Sales guy talked me into this combo of Sangria and Nightsky. 94C1CF1D-8BE4-4502-8158-AB2015A6A05F.jpeg

OP
2hellUride
Thread Starter #18
Much like Darrin mentioned, once I tried the Telluride it wasn’t even a close decision with the others. Tried some of the competitors at much higher price points and still not swayed. I wasn’t thinking of the Kia before we started looking either, had seen a few on the road but didn’t know anything about them. So happy we took a closer look. We ordered the SX Limited Nightsky edition in Gravity Grey this past weekend. Sold one of our other 2 vehicles this morning, going back to a single vehicle with the Telluride. Very much looking forward to it!
I agree, smooth ride, excellent looks inside and outside, convenience features for the wife and kid, it's a complete package. Can't wait to have it delivered! Ours is going to be the Batman one: Ebony Black with Black interior.

Stackje49 will love driving this around in BC. Nightsky looks great. Sales guy talked me into this combo of Sangria and Nightsky. View attachment 3116
Looking fine! First one I've seen in that colour.

Derekm900

I'm just forgetting about it, when they call me they call me. The vehicle will be worth the wait! :cool:
It’s amazing how much information you get when you speak to the right person. I was just at the dealership and spoke with the sales manager and he couldn’t believe that the sales associate did not give me any details on my telluride. He pulled it up on his computer screen and even showed it to me. My Telluride that I ordered on March 30 was just finished being built yesterday in Georgia and it’s now on the train to either Montreal or Toronto and he says I should have it within three weeks in Ottawa. He even gave me the Vin number. And he even explain to me how the tow hitch is going to be installed To make sure it’s done right and not aftermarket nonsense.

OP
2hellUride
Thread Starter #20
It’s amazing how much information you get when you speak to the right person. I was just at the dealership and spoke with the sales manager and he couldn’t believe that the sales associate did not give me any details on my telluride. He pulled it up on his computer screen and even showed it to me. My Telluride that I ordered on March 30 was just finished being built yesterday in Georgia and it’s now on the train to either Montreal or Toronto and he says I should have it within three weeks in Ottawa. He even gave me the Vin number. And he even explain to me how the tow hitch is going to be installed To make sure it’s done right and not aftermarket nonsense.
I also received the VIN number for our Telluride. Our long wait may be over soon!