Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2023 SX check parking distance warning sensor

Just bought this car for my wife. Had it 7 days and this parking distance error appeared on the dashboard and the warning quit working. Took it to Kia the next day and they have now has it 8 days and have involved Kia engineering to try and solve it. Hoping this is not a recurring problem because she loves the car. 6809179C-3B8B-4408-9F75-F2B6D5159B09.jpeg

OP
bocephus11816
Thread Starter #2
Been two weeks now. Still nothing. Saying it is not communicating from the front to the rear or visa versa.🤷🏼‍♂️

scook

Just purchased 2 days ago 2023 SX Prestige and "check parking distance warning system" came up. Took vehicle in , they checked it yesterday ..thought it was a bad connection, did some movement of wires and was working until this morning again. Warning is back up again. Will need to get it back in the shop for them to figure out.

Billiumj

This just started doing this on my 2023 telluride SX this morning. Have they found the problem yet?
I also have a2023 SX with this warning light… read online it could be moisture and to use WD40 on the sensors to blow out moisture. Didn’t work. I have an appointment next week. And for the recall (second row airbag harness)

Martok

I have an appointment to bring my car in next Friday. April 14. It's funny because I had my car in the other day because of an issue with the proximity sensor on the driver's side. There was a loose pin in the connector for the driver-side door handle. It seems to be an issue with this specific year and model.

scook

RE "CHECK PARKING DISTANCE WARNING SYSTEM" coming on again this morning.. was OK for about a week.... after replacing the parking assist sensor last week.. need to have them look at it again.

Martok

I have an appointment to bring my car in next Friday. April 14. It's funny because I had my car in the other day because of an issue with the proximity sensor on the driver's side. There was a loose pin in the connector for the driver-side door handle. It seems to be an issue with this specific year and model.
I took my car in on April 14. After sitting in the waiting room for 3.5 hours, they came out and told me that there was bird droppings on the sensor. The next day I got the same warning came back again! I called and told them that I wasted 3.5 hours, and I wanted a morning appointment so they can get the car in right away. I will post back if and when they find the issue.

scook

Still not fixed.. day 40 since purchase. the sensor they replaced was not the problem so they order a new board or something and that also didnt work so now they are ordering a left sensor to see if that takes care of it.. They have been good with updates and keeping us informed and providing a loaner vehicle but unfortunately we have only had the car ourselves about 14 days out of the 40 days its been in the shop. Its appears to be a guessing game at this point.

Martok

Still not fixed.. day 40 since purchase. the sensor they replaced was not the problem so they order a new board or something and that also didnt work so now they are ordering a left sensor to see if that takes care of it.. They have been good with updates and keeping us informed and providing a loaner vehicle but unfortunately we have only had the car ourselves about 14 days out of the 40 days its been in the shop. Its appears to be a guessing game at this point.
They did not keep my car. I had it back twice, but they couldn't figure it out. They sent the issue directly to KIA, in which I received a reply in my email. The email which said:
Your dealer has made us aware of the current repair situation for your Kia vehicle. Your satisfaction is important to us and we would like to provide assistance should you have any outstanding concerns or issues that were not resolved by your dealership. If you would like further assistance, please respond to this email with your preferred method of contact (phone or email) and we will be happy to follow up with you regarding the matter.

If no further assistance is required, there is no action necessary on your part. We value you as a customer so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us should you require assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
Kia Customer Care

The funny thing is, they told me to reply to the email, but the email to reply to was, donotreply@kiausa.com. I just hope They look into this and get back to me soon.

Martok

OK, I brought my car in this morning because I woke up to a flat tire. I had a roof staple stuck in the tire too close to the sidewall to fix. When I brought it in, the service manager remembered me, and asked if I was still having the issue. She said that they were going to call me to bring the car in to look it over again. The pulled off the front bumper, and found a corroded connector in the wiring harness, so they ordered a new one, and will call me when it comes in. I find it odd that a brand-new car could have a corroded connector. This is the wiring harness that was causing the problem: WIRING HARNESS-FR BU / 1
They are also going to put in new sensors: ULTRASONIC SENSOR-S. / 1
Hopefully it will help anyone else having this issue.

Over Easy

OK, I brought my car in this morning because I woke up to a flat tire. I had a roof staple stuck in the tire too close to the sidewall to fix. When I brought it in, the service manager remembered me, and asked if I was still having the issue. She said that they were going to call me to bring the car in to look it over again. The pulled off the front bumper, and found a corroded connector in the wiring harness, so they ordered a new one, and will call me when it comes in. I find it odd that a brand-new car could have a corroded connector. This is the wiring harness that was causing the problem: WIRING HARNESS-FR BU / 1
They are also going to put in new sensors: ULTRASONIC SENSOR-S. / 1
Hopefully it will help anyone else having this issue.
Did this most recent repair fix the problem?

Martok

Was wondering the same. Mine is in the shop for the third time for it
Yes! It fixed it. The parts came in, and they called to replace them. I wanted to give it sometime before I committed to saying it was fixed. My question is, how could a brand-new car have a corroded wiring harness?