Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride Issues

afahhad

Service dept at Kia dealership I bought the car from. They had my car all day Monday and could not get the door to open. The manager told me a new door was ordered. He also said there will probably be damage caused by removing this door so they don’t want to touch it until the new door arrives which may be in mid May.
I have been told that some owners face an issue in the A/C (not cooling) and sunroof (not working)

The only real issue I experienced is rattling center console lid. Luckily it was replaced using warranty service. The service manager apologized for longer than expected repair time saying that it wasn't a simple as popping off the lid. I guess they had to take the console box out in its entirety to access the lid.
EDIT: Oh scrolling up to Vietvet's posting reminded me, the fluid levels were not topped off. Engine oil was barely registering on dipstick and coolant was halfway between min and max. Tire pressure was around 40 (some reported much higher number) so I deflated a bit to 35 myself. The fluid level issue was remedied with a separate service appointment. $0 for both the lid and fluid top off appointment.

Bayfam

Long story but 10 miles into ownership the check engine light comes on and turns out I need an entire transmission replacement! On a new car! Consumer affairs escalated quickly and they offered me 3 months car payments in trade to release all liability which is practically extortion meaning I could never sue them or file a lemon law claim. So no way am I signing that. The transmission was expedited from Georgia to CA so we shall see if all is well or not. So disappointed they wouldn’t buy back or replace the vehicle with this major catastrophic failure!

Greentele

Long story but 10 miles into ownership the check engine light comes on and turns out I need an entire transmission replacement! On a new car! Consumer affairs escalated quickly and they offered me 3 months car payments in trade to release all liability which is practically extortion meaning I could never sue them or file a lemon law claim. So no way am I signing that. The transmission was expedited from Georgia to CA so we shall see if all is well or not. So disappointed they wouldn’t buy back or replace the vehicle with this major catastrophic failure!
Were you having transmission problems or did check engine light just turn on?

Jawn2dusk

Speedometer (digital and analog) both stuck at 0. Smart cruise also believes its at zero and if engaged will speed up continually. At the same time blind spot detection and lane keep assist are not functioning

Brihob

Interesting. I bought one (EX) on 3/15. I was offered the same form through consumer affairs (2 months payments for complete liability release for anyone related to the vehicle; ie KIA Motors Corp, and all independently owned. I am currently in the beginning stage of a law suit, specifically targeting their release form they offered me, and it sounds like the same one they offered you. There is liability in the work they’re doing or not doing,

Brihob

Interesting. I bought one (EX) on 3/15. I was offered the same form through consumer affairs (2 months payments for complete liability release for anyone related to the vehicle; ie KIA Motors Corp, and all independently owned. I am currently in the beginning stage of a law suit, specifically targeting their release form they offered me, and it sounds like the same one they offered you. There is liability in the work they’re doing or not doing,
Interested if anyone else has been offered money for poorly performing or faulty product. The liability form they are supplying releases all KIA entities from any and all liability for any current and any FUTURE issues or work performed for any reason. Let us know.

Interested if anyone else has been offered money for poorly performing or faulty product. The liability form they are supplying releases all KIA entities from any and all liability for any current and any FUTURE issues or work performed for any reason. Let us know.

just a thought to all who bought. Before I took possession. I told them to check ALL fluid levels and then I rechecked...even got a full tank of gas... Not saying that is the issue...but it didn't hurt. So far, so good.

Brihob

just a thought to all who bought. Before I took possession. I told them to check ALL fluid levels and then I rechecked...even got a full tank of gas... Not saying that is the issue...but it didn't hurt. So far, so good.
My original issue was the service bulletin for incorrect assembly of main steering assembly. With my vehicle being “held” at the dealership as dictated by corporate, I was told to obtain a rental at my cost and I would be reimbursed. Upon “release” of my vehicle, I was told by consumer affairs I needed to sign a release form to get reimbursed. The release form they are supplying is not legally binding or allowed in some states. I’m a frustrated buyer. I’m looking at a 2nd recall (seat belts) and I’m being asked to take my vehicle in for that. Given the legal issue of no reimbursement for obtaining a replacement vehicle during their service time, I’ve been advised to wait to bring vehicle to the dealer.

Bayfam

My original issue was the service bulletin for incorrect assembly of main steering assembly. With my vehicle being “held” at the dealership as dictated by corporate, I was told to obtain a rental at my cost and I would be reimbursed. Upon “release” of my vehicle, I was told by consumer affairs I needed to sign a release form to get reimbursed. The release form they are supplying is not legally binding or allowed in some states. I’m a frustrated buyer. I’m looking at a 2nd recall (seat belts) and I’m being asked to take my vehicle in for that. Given the legal issue of no reimbursement for obtaining a replacement vehicle during their service time, I’ve been advised to wait to bring vehicle to the dealer.
Did you sign the document? Was the issue resolved?

Brihob

Did you sign the document? Was the issue resolved?
I did not sign just as the previous poster stated. I’ve never been reimbursed, and I’m now interested to see who else KIA Consumer Affairs has offered 2-3 months of payments ($1025.00-1500.00) with the requirement to release them from liability. I had the document reviewed, and the verbiage expressly relinquishes any and all rights of any liability for any previous or any future. I was told that the vehicle could have a catastrophic failure causing loss of life, and KIA and all other entities protected by this document are free of any liability, even if intentional or purposeful neglect was the reason for the loss. I was told by KIA’s multiple consumer affairs representatives that it is a legal document, and they can’t be changed. Legal documents by definition, are changed daily for legal reasons. If anyone else has been offered this “settlement”, please let us know. Hopefully the issues we’ve had are worked out for future buyers. I have found a different dealership service department that actually cares and has a customer first approach. They showed me the process they have to take to report any new issues directly to corporate. So far, two times in for major issues (steering issues and power loss issues). Both were safety related and my vehicle was kept by service and I was told I couldn’t take it until KIA corporate gave them direction. Both times I obtained a rental replacement until issues were resolved.

Sdobbs

Speedometer (digital and analog) both stuck at 0. Smart cruise also believes its at zero and if engaged will speed up continually. At the same time blind spot detection and lane keep assist are not functioning
Same happened to me. After turning off car and parking for a few minutes it worked again. 🤷‍♀️

Has anyone had any problems or issues with the Telluride so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Made 9000 km on it, no major problems. The plastic cover on the left side of the driver's seat has popped off after the car wash guy pushed it by his rear too aggressively but I was able to fix by clamping it back to its place. Fantastic car, fuel economy below 10L/100km. Runs very smooth and quiet. Sound system is fantastic.

bmg50

odd issue on my brand new SX, Right Rear Door B Pillar Trim (gloss black plastic garnish molding) Broke in half down the middle. It just cracked off when exiting the front door. We heard a loud pop and later found half of it dangling by the two sided tape. What on earth would make that happen!?!?

Attachments

bmg50

I also had the battery completely drain as others have described. Mine only has 350 miles on so it has been in the garage too much, it could just be from sitting too long.