Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

New Purchase Disaster

sheatn6

That's why I haven't pulled the plug. There is such a backlog, I wonder if things are being missed...esp safety features 🤔
I've decided the same thing, I keep reading about more & more issues & I was always told not to get a first year car. So I'm waiting til the 2021 model comes out & see if things are back to normal. Btw, had a Kia Soul bought new in 2010 & never had any issues. I do agree they're trying to push them out so fast that they are overlooking things. I hope everyone who has one now has a trouble free, beautiful car!

I've decided the same thing, I keep reading about more & more issues & I was always told not to get a first year car. So I'm waiting til the 2021 model comes out & see if things are back to normal. Btw, had a Kia Soul bought new in 2010 & never had any issues. I do agree they're trying to push them out so fast that they are overlooking things. I hope everyone who has one now has a trouble free, beautiful car!
Always remember there are ~ 6000 units being sold monthly. ~ 20,000 + units till date. Not every person will have these issues. Its just an unfortunate scenario...

I had my SX now over a month, with close to 1K miles, and everything is perfect. (Knock on wood)
We are halfway through an 800 mile trip and I love it.

OP
H

hakilgore

Thread Starter #44
Update: Still no car and now 34 days in..I have signed a confidentiality disclosure, so I cannot share any more updates or have any more posts. Depending on the outcome, hopefully I'll be able to to share the results . Wish me luck! Thank you all for your support! See you all at the finish line :) Best, Regards!

Update: Still no car and now 34 days in..I have signed a confidentiality disclosure, so I cannot share any more updates or have any more posts. Depending on the outcome, hopefully I'll be able to to share the results . Wish me luck! Thank you all for your support! See you all at the finish line :) Best, Regards!
In addition to windshield and other issues, this is another reason I'm ok with my decision to delay planned fall purchase until the spring or summer of 2020.

I hope to go to a dealership, look at several different Tellurides on the lot and say, "I'll take that one."

In any case, hope your finish line arrives soon.

MHoff

You are not alone. I purchased a brand new Telluride and am dealing with literally the exact same issue in Virginia. Had the vehicle for two weeks and noticed the antifreeze smell. The dealer is saying they have to replace the head and Kia consumer affairs has been unhelpful to say the least. I would be willing to bet that there are many more out there with the same situation.

Attachments

You are not alone. I purchased a brand new Telluride and am dealing with lieeterally the exact same issue in Virginia. Had the vehicle for two weeks and noticed the antifreeze smell. The dealer is saying they have to replace the head and Kia consumer affairs has been unhelpful to say the least. I would be willing to bet that there are many more out there with the same situation.
That is not what I'd hoped to hear while still waiting on mine. I hope Kia resolves your issue quickly and without a fight. :(

Rznhales

Ours just went in yesterday. They think either head gasket or bad cylinder is to blame. 10K miles on it

Djgberg

Thank you! I researched Ohio’s Lemon Laws you are so correct and it’s also very important to document this process thoroughly. You are correct also with the technical aspect. The dealership was in awe and it took a few days for them to asses the problem. They had to contact their technical support to figure out the cause. First time purchasing a brand new car so there is some disappointment, luckily my dad was a mechanic and certain smells you just remember and antifreeze in one of them! I Love my new ride but it’s kind of bitter sweet leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I’ll be patient and let them fix the problem and take it from there. Thank you, All for the support and advice. It’s exactly what I needed!

Best!
Curious what became of this issue - any updates?