Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

You can start your Telluride with Alexa skills via Echo

muveit

Hey guys I've been lurking this forum for some time, wanted to share this some cool news that you can start your Kia Telluride with any Echo device from Amazon.

You can enable it on your Echo from this page https://www.amazon.com/Kia-Motors-America-UVO/dp/B076VPHKGM/ or via your App

Do all of the above and more with just the power of your voice by getting the UVO Skill by Kia. The UVO Skill enables your Alexa devices to perform the following remote commands on select Kias:

• Remote Start/Stop Engine
• Remote Climate Control
• Remote Charge Start/Stop
• Remote Horn and Lights
• Remote Lock

Current vehicles compatible with Alexa:
• Telluride – select trims
• Niro EV
• Optima Hybrid (MY2020+)
• Sportage – select trims (MY2020+)
• Soul – select trims (MY2020+)
• Optima – select trims (MY2019+)
• Niro Plug-In Hybrid (MY2018+)
• Soul EV (MY2017+)
• Optima Plug-In Hybrid (MY2017+)
• K900 (MY2016+)

This UVO Skill is for the United States only.

Easy Set-Up:
• Check that your vehicle is part of the list above and is equipped with a UVO telematics system.
• Search for the UVO Skill in the Alexa app.
• Create a PIN to help manage access to certain features (e.g., Remote Start and Climate Control).

Warning:
• Only use these services/features when safe and legal to do so.
• We recommend using the UVO Skill in a secure and private setting and not in the presence of others, including children.
• When performing a Remote Start or Climate Control for gas-powered vehicles (includes plug-in hybrids), please make sure your vehicle is parked in a secure and well-ventilated area. Close all doors leading from adjacent living areas to the vehicle area before executing these commands.

Additional Notes:
• Remote features may vary by model and year.
• The UVO Skill on Alexa will send remote commands to your vehicle, but it does not currently confirm the completion of those commands through your Alexa devices. However, a completion notification will be sent through either the UVO app notification, email, or text depending on the settings in your UVO account.
• An activated UVO account with a current UVO subscription is required to access and use the UVO Skill.
• To get started with UVO, visit https://owners.kia.com and click "Support", or visit your preferred Kia Dealer.

Looks like I have to dig the old Echo out of the attic lol. Haven't used it since I saw that it logs everything you say. Might leave it in the garage this time.

You can also do it with Google Assistant https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000dcb44638ac

Wake up in the morning and get your compatible Kia heated or cooled to just the right temperature as you get ready to head out. Enjoy peace of mind and avoid walking to your Kia to check if it's locked. Start and stop charging your plug-in hybrid or fully electric Kia at your convenience.

Do all of the above and more with just the power of your voice by getting the UVO Agent by Kia. The UVO Agent enables your Google Assistant devices to perform the following remote commands on your select Kias:
• Remote Climate Control
• Remote Horn and Lights
• Remote Lock

Current vehicles compatible with Google Assistant:
• Niro EV
• Niro Plug In Hybrid (MY2018+)
• Soul EV (MY2017+)
• K900 (MY2016+)

This UVO Agent is for the United States only.

Easy Set-Up:
• Check that your vehicle is part of the list above and is equipped with a UVO telematics system.
• Search for the UVO Agent in the Google Assistant app.
• Create a PIN to help manage access to certain features (e.g., Remote Start and Climate Control).

Warning:
• We recommend using the UVO Agent in a secure and private setting and not in the presence of others, including children.
• When performing a Remote Start or Climate Control for gas-powered vehicles (includes plug-in hybrids), please make sure your vehicle is parked in a secure and well-ventilated area. Close all doors leading from adjacent living areas to the vehicle area before executing these commands.

Additional Notes:
• The UVO Agent on Google Assistant will send remote commands to your vehicle, but it does not currently confirm the completion of those commands through your Google Assistant devices. However, a completion notification will be sent through either the UVO app notification, email, or text depending on the settings in your UVO account.
• An activated UVO account with a current UVO subscription is required to access the UVO Agent.
• To get started with UVO, visit https://owners.kia.com and click "Support", or visit your preferred Kia Dealer.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Great idea if you live alone or with mature adults. If you have children/teens or immature adults who like to joke around, they may activate your vehicle's horn and lights while you're at work or sleeping.

Great idea if you live alone or with mature adults. If you have children/teens or immature adults who like to joke around, they may activate your vehicle's horn and lights while you're at work or sleeping.
lol

RuthsRide

Thanks for the share, going to give this a try.

OP
M

muveit

Thread Starter #8
Glad I can help, its very convenient and yes kids can and probably abuse this lol

Hey guys I've been lurking this forum for some time, wanted to share this some cool news that you can start your Kia Telluride with any Echo device from Amazon.

You can enable it on your Echo from this page https://www.amazon.com/Kia-Motors-America-UVO/dp/B076VPHKGM/ or via your App

Do all of the above and more with just the power of your voice by getting the UVO Skill by Kia. The UVO Skill enables your Alexa devices to perform the following remote commands on select Kias:

• Remote Climate Control
• Remote Horn and Lights
• Remote Lock

Current vehicles compatible with Alexa:
• Niro EV
• Niro Plug-In Hybrid (MY2018+)
• Soul EV (MY2017+)
• K900 (MY2016+)

This UVO Skill is for the United States only.

Easy Set-Up:
• Search for the UVO Skill in the Alexa app.

Warning:
• We recommend using the UVO Skill in a secure and private setting and not in the presence of others, including children.

Additional Notes:
• The UVO Skill on Alexa will send remote commands to your vehicle, but it does not currently confirm the completion of those commands through your Alexa devices. However, a completion notification will be sent through either the UVO app notification, email, or text depending on the settings in your UVO account.
• An activated UVO account with a current UVO subscription is required to access and use the UVO Skill.
Fantastic😆

I'm surprise the Stinger isn't on the list of supported vehicles.