Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

9005 LED Night Shots of Zdatt/Sealight/TIANFUYAO

Hogue19

How do you aim the lights after installing them?

Hogue19

I've compared 3 LED bulbs Zdatts, Sealight and TIANFUYAO 9005 (utmeep recommended https://www.kiatelluride.org/threads/headlight-led-upgrade.427/page-5 )

Zdatts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JS7L4R8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sealight: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HCZ4VCH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
TIANFUYAO: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N4K1L7G/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the TIAFUYAO the best. I agree with utmeep, the dark spot in the picture is not that noticeable in real life. I just ordered another set to be used as a spare!

Zdatt
View attachment 678

Sealight
View attachment 679

TIANFUYAO
View attachment 680
Did you have to modify the dust cover for them to fit or because they were running hot?

Does anyone know how hard to change the licences plate bulbs are? I hate that amber colour...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #27
Does anyone know how hard to change the licences plate bulbs are? I hate that amber colour...

You mean like this?

license_resize.jpg

Easy

1) Remove the screw on the housing.
2) Pull down on the side with the screw hole. A paper clip or something in the hole will help since it’s in there a little tight. The other side has a tab so you can't just pull the entire housing off. You have to kinda slide it off.
3) Once the housing is removed, twist the socket to free it from the housing (note the wire is kinda short so be careful not to damage the wire).
4) Pull the light bulb from the socket and replace it with a W5W LED bulb
5) Reverse the process
6) Repeat the process on the other bulb.

OP
J
Thread Starter #29
I would like to put something in that is much brighter but I believe you have to remove the hatch panel. I'm not up that yet....BTW, the LED license plate light actually improves the video quality of the backup camera.

I plan to replace the front turn signal bulb with LED bulbs. I like the way LED's blink crisply as opposed to the pulsing effect you get from your typical incandescent light bulb.

You mean like this?

View attachment 796

Easy

2) Pull down on the side with the screw hole. A paper clip or something in the hole will help. The other side has a tab so you can't just pull the entire housing off. You have to kinda slide it off.
3) Once the housing is removed, twist the socket to free it from the housing (note the wire is kinda short so be careful not to damage the wire).
5) Reverse the process
Amazing thank you I thing I have a bunch of those bulbs laying around

Does anyone know the bulb type for the reverse light? I find it a bit dull

You mean like this?

View attachment 796

Easy

2) Pull down on the side with the screw hole. A paper clip or something in the hole will help since it’s in there a little tight. The other side has a tab so you can't just pull the entire housing off. You have to kinda slide it off.
5) Reverse the process
This helped a lot btw!

OP
J
Thread Starter #35
Does anyone know the bulb type for the reverse light? I find it a bit dull

Are you planning to give it a go?

You have a picture of your license plate replacement in action?
The actual install? No but I'll be doing it again with a new brighter bulb this weekend I'll send step by step pix :) if you guys want.

Here what it looks like now.

I'm not a pro but I'll give it a shot ;) if successful I'll create the thread

OP
J
Thread Starter #40
I'm not a pro but I'll give it a shot ;) if successful I'll create the thread

I was looking at it the other day. Wish they had a simple cover that exposes the bulb, instead it looks like you have to remove the entire lower panel on the hatch. Yes, please create a thread...I'll be very interested!