Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Ordering without ever driving one?

JRC

Am I crazy for wanting to order a Telluride without ever driving one??? I’m not sure I’d even be able to find one to drive. The closest dealership is an hour drive from me, and their website doesn’t show any stock. I’ve owned Expeditions, Explorer SportTrac, a Sequoia, a 4Runner, and now a (temporary) GMC Acadia. I love the looks of the Telluride, and the endless features blow me away! My husband actually likes them too, which is unheard of. I’ve read so many great reviews. But it just seems a little wild to order a car I’ve never seen in real life!

Am I crazy for wanting to order a Telluride without ever driving one??? I’m not sure I’d even be able to find one to drive. The closest dealership is an hour drive from me, and their website doesn’t show any stock. I’ve owned Expeditions, Explorer SportTrac, a Sequoia, a 4Runner, and now a (temporary) GMC Acadia. I love the looks of the Telluride, and the endless features blow me away! My husband actually likes them too, which is unheard of. I’ve read so many great reviews. But it just seems a little wild to order a car I’ve never seen in real life!
Hi JRC. I know how you feel. I was ready to place my order before actually driving a Telluride (we currently drive a '16 Sorento), but my wife found a used Telluride nearby that we test drove before actually placing the order on 1/15/22. I would have placed the order regardless but wanted to be sure that I took my wife's opinion into consideration before committing to such a purchase. I was told it's going to be a 6-8 month wait, but I am SO excited to take delivery in July at the earliest according to their estimate. We ordered a Telluride SX Prestige Nightfall in Wolf Gray. I can't wait!!!...but will if I have to I guess. ;p I haven't seen anything negative about the '22 Telluride either and I've been all over the place looking at everything I can.

OP
J

JRC

Thread Starter #3
Hi JRC. I know how you feel. I was ready to place my order before actually driving a Telluride (we currently drive a '16 Sorento), but my wife found a used Telluride nearby that we test drove before actually placing the order on 1/15/22. I would have placed the order regardless but wanted to be sure that I took my wife's opinion into consideration before committing to such a purchase. I was told it's going to be a 6-8 month wait, but I am SO excited to take delivery in July at the earliest according to their estimate. We ordered a Telluride SX Prestige Nightfall in Wolf Gray. I can't wait!!!...but will if I have to I guess. ;p I haven't seen anything negative about the '22 Telluride either and I've been all over the place looking at everything I can.
Thanks! I’m actually considering the exact same built with AWD and Towing, but I’m really struggling between Wolf Gray and Glacial White. I’ve never owned a white vehicle and promised myself years ago that if I ever custom order a car, I’d get white. But DANG, I love that gray so much! The dealer an hour away might have an SX, according to their website, so I’m going to call in the morning.

Thanks! I’m actually considering the exact same built with AWD and Towing, but I’m really struggling between Wolf Gray and Glacial White. I’ve never owned a white vehicle and promised myself years ago that if I ever custom order a car, I’d get white. But DANG, I love that gray so much! The dealer an hour away might have an SX, according to their website, so I’m going to call in the morning.
Yeah, I would certainly call before trying to go an hour away to see it. They're hard to find for sure. Good luck!

Here's a video showing a new EX in Wolf Gray -->
Very nice!

mvcap

In all likelihood even 6mo from now you will be able to sell it without a loss if you decide you don't like it.

That said, most places require a nominal (and refundable) deposit, so the risk is minimal to place an order.

I received mine this week after ordering in early July. Other car is an Infiniti sedan with sport suspension, a very nice driving car. The Telluride is super. I had wondered how it would drive, zero regrets for ordering, waiting, and purchasing. Also, dealer let me drive it anyway before completing purchase. I say go for it!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

OP
J

JRC

Thread Starter #7
In all likelihood even 6mo from now you will be able to sell it without a loss if you decide you don't like it.

That said, most places require a nominal (and refundable) deposit, so the risk is minimal to place an order.

I received mine this week after ordering in early July. Other car is an Infiniti sedan with sport suspension, a very nice driving car. The Telluride is super. I had wondered how it would drive, zero regrets for ordering, waiting, and purchasing. Also, dealer let me drive it anyway before completing purchase. I say go for it!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
True…I hadn’t thought of resell potential in the unlikely event I hate it. Thanks!

One of the dealers I spoke with told me that they didn't have one to test drive, but if I ordered one and didn't like it when it was delivered, they would just sell it to the next person in line. Fortunately, I called another dealer in the area and they had a used 2020 EX that were letting people test drive. I loved it and ordered one on the spot. Both dealers are selling at MSRP.

Honestly I think that with you having owned the suvs you have it drives similar.
i did end up finding a used one to test drive myself but it did drive similar to some of the others I have had.

Hi!!! So….I just bought glacial white EX-P off a dealer lot thinking oh that’s my usual buy (one down from top of the line) so it’ll be great (yes, I’m not a crazy car person and just usually content and this was my husbands idea/I had zero clue how popular this SUV is!) and no lie after two days I had a call into my dealer about ordering an SX in Wolf Gray! I feel like it’s the only time in history I could resell and not lose a ton & can upgrade! Also I LOVE the Telle so much it feels worth the hassle. My biggest issue is I saw a Glacial White (like I bought) with light gray Nappa and fell instantly hard! I don’t love my black interior (I almost didn’t buy because of it) and I’m not a brown leather person either. I’m SO bummed because the Wolf Gray is pulling me in and I’m usually a white or black car person! Dilemmas!

Hi!!! So….I just bought glacial white EX-P off a dealer lot thinking oh that’s my usual buy (one down from top of the line) so it’ll be great (yes, I’m not a crazy car person and just usually content and this was my husbands idea/I had zero clue how popular this SUV is!) and no lie after two days I had a call into my dealer about ordering an SX in Wolf Gray! I feel like it’s the only time in history I could resell and not lose a ton & can upgrade! Also I LOVE the Telle so much it feels worth the hassle. My biggest issue is I saw a Glacial White (like I bought) with light gray Nappa and fell instantly hard! I don’t love my black interior (I almost didn’t buy because of it) and I’m not a brown leather person either. I’m SO bummed because the Wolf Gray is pulling me in and I’m usually a white or black car person! Dilemmas!
I'm just now wrapping up my 1st month of a 6-8 month estimated time to delivery of a Wolf Gray SX + P + N ++. Knowing there are others out there working through this process is what's keeping me sane at this point. I can not wait until I can take delivery, which is probably going to be in July '22. I'd say don't settle on this. It's a big investment and you should have what you want upon delivery.

I'm just now wrapping up my 1st month of a 6-8 month estimated time to delivery of a Wolf Gray SX + P + N ++. Knowing there are others out there working through this process is what's keeping me sane at this point. I can not wait until I can take delivery, which is probably going to be in July '22. I'd say don't settle on this. It's a big investment and you should have what you want upon delivery.
Totally agree! Only reason I didn’t order first was they gave me a great trade price on a vehicle I needed to get rid of and therefore really needed a car and felt I couldn’t wait at all (safety concerns) but now that I see resell value I’m hopeful if I do this now I won’t lose too much if I can negotiate it well and while I’m waiting still drive my EX-P. If it was any other car I’d probably have to think twice, but I told my husband it’s totally worth it and he’s agreed! What interior did you choose? I’m debating between Wolf Gray (? Interior) or Glacial White/light Gray SX+N+P. My EX-P is black interior which is ok, but I’m a light interior girl so I’m conflicted.

Totally agree! Only reason I didn’t order first was they gave me a great trade price on a vehicle I needed to get rid of and therefore really needed a car and felt I couldn’t wait at all (safety concerns) but now that I see resell value I’m hopeful if I do this now I won’t lose too much if I can negotiate it well and while I’m waiting still drive my EX-P. If it was any other car I’d probably have to think twice, but I told my husband it’s totally worth it and he’s agreed! What interior did you choose? I’m debating between Wolf Gray (? Interior) or Glacial White/light Gray SX+N+P. My EX-P is black interior which is ok, but I’m a light interior girl so I’m conflicted.
I'm doing Wolf Gray / Dune Brown. We were looking at used Tellurides initially and realized that we could get new for the same price, so I placed the order on 1/15 (MSRP w/$1,000 down) with a 6-8 month estimate on delivery.

I'm doing Wolf Gray / Dune Brown. We were looking at used Tellurides initially and realized that we could get new for the same price, so I placed the order on 1/15 (MSRP w/$1,000 down) with a 6-8 month estimate on delivery.
Have you seen the Dune in person? That’s what is holding me back. I have black currently and it’s ok, but really love the light Gray. Saw it in person and it’s so good 😊 I have to decide whether the exterior or interior is more important to me which I’m having a hard time with!

Have you seen the Dune in person? That’s what is holding me back. I have black currently and it’s ok, but really love the light Gray. Saw it in person and it’s so good 😊 I have to decide whether the exterior or interior is more important to me which I’m having a hard time with!
No, I have not seen the Dune in person. I have watched several videos that have included the Dune brown, however, and I think it looks good. I'm not too picky about the interior color. It's a big investment though, so you should certainly be happy with your choice. I'm super excited to finally take delivery, even though it's months away.

No, I have not seen the Dune in person. I have watched several videos that have included the Dune brown, however, and I think it looks good. I'm not too picky about the interior color. It's a big investment though, so you should certainly be happy with your choice. I'm super excited to finally take delivery, even though it's months away.
You will LOVE it! I’m so happy I get to drive one while I wait!

Is there anyone on this forum anymore? Seems like it was very active when the 21 and 22 models came out but quiet now! Trying to find someone local with Dune because most dealers don’t have it around me!

Is there anyone on this forum anymore? Seems like it was very active when the 21 and 22 models came out but quiet now! Trying to find someone local with Dune because most dealers don’t have it around me!
It doesn't seem very active to me. I have only been here for about a month though.